All Images and Text Copyright (c) 2009-2011 Michele Marie Summerlin Shimchock. All rights reserved.

All Images and Text Copyright (c) 2009-2011 Michele Marie Summerlin Shimchock. All rights reserved.
I know a lawyer who will eat your face off if you use any of my stuff without prior written permission from me. Thank you.
"It would have to shine. And burn. And be / a sign of something infinite and turn things
and people nearby into their wilder selves / and be dangerous to the ordinary nature of
signs and glow like a tiny hole in space / to which a god presses his eye and stares.
Or her eye. Some divine impossible stretch / of the imagination where you and I are one."

An excerpt from "Something New under the Sun" from Steve Scafidi's Sparks from a Nine-Pound Hammer


Monday, August 9, 2010

New Moon, New Day…

Today is a new day with a new moon, a day with new hopes. Green beginnings. I woke up today, and I breathe. I slept next to the man I love, although I did not sleep very well. It’s the matter of uncertainty and this pesky nerve-thing that causes my left thigh to fall asleep whenever I lie down. And it burns, burns, burns a bonfire from the inside out. I’m not worried. It will subside.


Today I breathe, and I write, take a step back. Welcome myself, again, to this sanctuary of blank space.


Hello.


So, I won’t say too much about that evaluation-to-hire job that I started at the end of March. Obviously, it didn’t become permanent. They said they just didn’t have the revenue. In these times, however, no one has enough revenue. And I won’t say anything at all about working for an employment company.


I will say that I learned a lot about industrial wastewater treatment; I learned more about chemicals than I cared to. I learned about hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, diatomaceous earth, and caustic soda. I learned that hydrogen peroxide is considered a hazardous material. My understanding that I am a verbal girl (as opposed to a math-and-science girl) has been fully reinforced.


Altogether, it was a learning experience, so I cannot say it was all for naught.


This afternoon, I will meet an elderly gentleman who needs an afternoon companion. It’s something I’ve agreed to do for a friend’s mother while she is out of town for a week or so. I’m excited about it. Maybe he will need me as much as I need him.


And who knows where I go from here, but you will be right there beside me, won’t you?

8 comments:

  1. I know I have certainly been waiting for an update! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I need a little luck on my side, that's for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michele, I'm glad you're back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!!!!right there beside you, with you and for you. Glad to see and read new postings. Tell me all about chemicals, really hydrogen peroxide?
    <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agnes, I'm glad to be back! And Mom, the object here is to *not* think about chemicals anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. being of scientific mind, I like to know about chemicals; but, I understand.
    being that I appreciate creativity....I LOVE what you've done with this page. Classy,inviting, makes you crave for more. Love it, love it. love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. UHMMMM, do not know how Sam got credit for that comment, it was mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. blog about Mr.T, should be very interesting.
    As always our love and support. Ok; but is for both of us.<3

    ReplyDelete